What Is the Best Application for Road Base in the Austin, TX Area?
Whether you are building a private road, a parking lot, a driveway, a city street, or a rural road, you have several options for its construction. However, some construction choices are better than others for certain applications. If you are considering a road base Austin TX project, you will likely be interested in the following information.
Does the Department of Transportation Sanction Road Base Austin TX Projects?
The DOT has approved road base for asphalt and concrete paving projects. The agency has also approved base rock for driveways, roadways, and parking lots.
How Expensive Is Road Base for Austin Texas Projects?
Road base rock is usually limestone or gravel, both of which are plentiful in Central Texas. This makes commercial road base extremely economical. However, if you enter road base gravel near me in your browser’s search window, you will get only a handful of sources. This allows you to compare prices quickly, but you need to make sure whether the price includes delivery as well as whether you must purchase a minimum quantity that exceeds your needs.
What Are the Advantages of Using Road Base for Austin TX Projects?
Just like every other paving material, there are advantages and disadvantages to road base. However, the advantages outnumber the disadvantages, and there are actually no disadvantages for certain projects.
1. Commercial road base makes an excellent foundation for asphalt or concrete pavements, including roadways and parking lots. It is often chosen for projects where it would be too costly to use asphalt for this purpose.
2. A road base driveway is typically much less expensive than a driveway made of solid concrete.
3. Installing road base in Austin Texas is one of the simplest construction jobs. This means that the labor costs are usually quite attractive.
4. Road base rock surfaces are attractive and versatile.
5. Road base in Austin Texas requires little maintenance. However, one of the disadvantages of a road base driveway or roadway is that it can become dusty after years of exposure to dry, hot summers. Another disadvantage is that they can soak up water when it rains, and this can cause ruts to develop where you drive. To offset potential disadvantages, you will want to maintain your grading to ensure proper drainage. It is also prudent to add a fresh layer of road base rock every year or two.
6. A road base driveway is a classic style that is suitable for virtually every home and every architectural style.
7. Contractors installing road base in Austin TX can recommend methods to increase its durability or alter its appearance. For example, adding a cement-treated base over the natural soil can help with durability, and topping the surface with gravel can change the color of the surface.
To learn more about road base, contact Junior Materials Hauling. We offer road base installations, dump truck hauling, decomposed granite delivery, grading services, excavations, concrete demolition, trash pickup, and landscape materials delivery. We are also a skid-steer loader contractor and a water or soil sinking contractor. We have an excellent reputation, impeccable references, and a commitment to serving every customer to the best of our ability. If you are interested in a free quote, you can use the online form to submit your request. If you prefer, you can also call our Hutto office at 512-924-6887.